Green tea is known for its numerous health benefits, but it also has amazing benefits for hair. Here are some of the best benefits of green tea for hair:
- Stimulates hair growth: Green tea contains compounds like EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) that can help to stimulate hair growth by promoting the growth of hair follicles.
- Reduces hair loss: The antioxidants in green tea can help to reduce hair loss by preventing hair follicles from becoming damaged by free radicals.
- Strengthens hair: Green tea contains catechins, which can help to strengthen hair and prevent breakage.
- Improves scalp health: Green tea has anti-inflammatory properties that can help to soothe an irritated scalp and improve its overall health.
- Adds shine to hair: Green tea can help to add shine to dull hair by smoothing the hair cuticles.
- Reduces dandruff: The antifungal properties of green tea can help to reduce dandruff and other scalp conditions.
- Protects hair from sun damage: Green tea contains polyphenols that can help to protect hair from UV radiation, which can cause damage and lead to hair loss.
To use green tea for hair, you can either drink it regularly or apply it directly to your hair and scalp. To apply it topically, you can steep green tea bags in hot water, let it cool, and then pour it over your hair and scalp. Let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing it out with cool water.
Oh damn, I am losing hair! Do you have any remedies to retain it? Isn’t this the most common statement we hear on a day to day basis. We are sure that each one of you raids the stores to grab the best hair care wellness products to provide nourishment.
However, home remedies are the best. Just walk into the kitchen and replace your expensive hair care masks with the green tea you consume.
It is a famous saying that whatever is served at the table also comes with all-round well-being benefits. Green tea is one of the cheapest ingredients in the world available with the best health benefits.
It was initially promoted for providing the best results in weight loss and maintenance of oral hygiene. Well, you can drink it, apply it, massage your scalp with it, and also consume it. Trust us, it works wonders.
Haircare is not only popular amongst women but also in the men’s circle. People get worried while combing their hair and see strands curl on the combs.
It is natural to see at least fifty to hundred strands drop down daily but in case it is excessive then one must take the extra mile to start upholding it.
Diet plays a significant role in the well-being of the hair. What you consume reflects on your overall appearance. The quality of your hair defines how healthy your body is.
Green tea is high in antioxidants, enzymes, and vitamins that are required for the body. The antioxidants help in fighting the dryness on the scalp which often gives way to dandruff and plunders the healthy growth of the hair.
What Are The Benefits Of Green Tea For Hair: Best Tips
- Consume It At Least Twice a Day
It is important to keep the body hydrated. Green tea can act as a flavoring agent to the liquid you’re consuming. You can consume it once in the morning and post-lunch. Do this regularly for three weeks to see actual results.
- Apply It As a Mask
You can innovate your hair mask with a variety of ingredients for the hair. To start you can first:
- Mix It With Lemon
the odor of green tea doesn’t smell pleasant. Most people hesitate to consume it because it is bitter to taste. Hence you could try mixing lemon to it. Take the mixture, apply it to the hair, gently massage, leave it for ten mins and wash. The panthenol present will strengthen the volume of the hair.
- Mix It With Egg
Old books always recommended the use of an egg as a beauty secret. We too recommend the same. The mixture of green tea and egg plays a significant role in hair strengthening.
- Pop a Green Tea Capsule
Extracts of green tea leaves are now available in the form of capsules. If you are someone who hates to consume it in the form of a drink or beverage you can just consume a capsule and let it do wonders to your body.
- Rinse your hair
At least 3 bags of green tea sachets for an hour before the shower. Let the water cool down. At the end of the shower rinse your hair with the water containing green tea extracts.
- Use It as an Anti-Inflammatory Agent
Some people tend to have an oily scalp. An oily scalp often gives way to boils and dandruff. Green tea acts as a cleansing agent and helps to get rid of such inflammations.
Everything has its pros and cons. If you feel that you are allergic to green tea, you shouldn’t consume it. Make sure you consult a physician if you feel the need to do so.