A simple guide about how to make a cup or pot of tea using Chinese flowering tea-balls. A very simple way to make a great cuppa. Brewing tea does not have to be the arcane mystery it is sometimes cracked up to be. By using Chinese flowering tea-balls, you will always know when your drink is ready to be enjoyed. Flowering tea is made by hand through an innovative and complex process that entwines the highest grade special green and black tea of fresh spring crops with natural herbal flowers.
Brewing flowering tea balls, also known as blooming tea, is a beautiful and unique way to enjoy tea. Here are the steps to brew flowering tea balls:
- Start with a clear glass teapot or mug. The glass allows you to see the tea ball unfurl and bloom, which is part of the experience.
- Fill your kettle with fresh, cold water and bring it to a boil.
- Place one flowering tea ball in the glass teapot or mug.
- Pour the hot water over the tea ball, making sure it is completely covered.
- Let the tea ball steep for 3-5 minutes. You’ll notice that the tea ball will start to unfurl and bloom, releasing its aroma and flavor into the water.
- Once the tea has steeped, you can pour it into your tea cups to enjoy. The tea ball can be used for a second infusion, but be sure to add more hot water and steep for a few extra minutes to get the most flavor.
- Discard the tea ball once you’re done brewing.
Note: flowering tea balls can be quite delicate, so be gentle when handling them. Store them in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and moisture to preserve their freshness.
Flowering or blooming tea, is a small bundle of dried tea leaves and flowers bound together with cotton thread into a ball. When immersed in boiling water, the cotton falls away and the ball unfolds into a wonderful centrepiece for your teapot or glass. The result is a most unique appearance, splendid infusion view and lingering flower scent. Taste our tea and you will enjoy every moment of the tea drinking experience
* Put the flowering tea-ball into glass teapot or a glass (the glass should be better about 9.5cm in height and over 6.5cm in diameter to allow for flowering).
* For best results, a glass tea pot should be used for brewing.
* Pour boiling water into the container, fill up to about 1/3 full.
* Wait about 20 seconds to let the ball get wet, then top up with the remaining 2/3 water.
* Now sit back and watch as the ball starts to unroll – to is quite a unique display. After a minute or two, the flower inside will bloom from tea-ball.
* Once it has finished flowering, then it is ready for you to pour and enjoy.
Flowering tea-balls are specially created so that they do not make the tea go bitter with prolonged steeping, so this means you can refill your teapot with more boiling water to extend your drinking experience. Creating a unique pot of tea is very simple and can be quite enjoyable to watch and drink each variety.
Few other food or drinks are reputed to have as many health benefits as green tea. The Chinese have known about the medicinal benefits of green tea since ancient times, using it to treat everything from headaches to depression.
Today, health benefits associated with drinking green tea can include:
* Delaying the ageing of cells,
* Whitening and moisturising skin,
* Improving immunity,
* Better heart health and a lowering risk of cancer,
* Nourishing stomach and liver,
* Clearing away blood stasis and heat,
* Diminishing inflammation,
* Relieving cough, reducing the symptoms of asthma,
* Washing out toxins and boosting energy levels
Tim is beginning to enjoy writing articles about a variety of subjects. Other than the above topic, he also enjoys creating websites on different topics.